Dirk is back.
Holidays are over and the heady days of Summer are drawing to a close. The longer nights can only mean more films and the regular schedule for The World of Film will return with an average of two posts a week.
To mark the return, I have been thinking of great films that have ‘home-coming’ as a film… and, of course, one duff one.
1) GET CARTER (1971) “You’re a big man, but you’re out of shape …” Michael Caine returns to Newcastle and pushes Alf Roberts off a multi-storey.
2) PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES (1987) Steve Martin and John Candy in a bromance road movie with a frozen dog on their way home for Thanksgiving.
3) FIVE EASY PIECES (1970) Bob Rafelson‘s intriguing film of John Nicholson’s concert pianist who has created a new identity for himself as an oil rigger.
4) THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939) The ultimate going home movie – “We’re not in Kansas any more” …
“NOT TODAY, THANK YOU”
5) LASSIE COME HOME (1943) Roddy McDowell was better as a monkey …
Pingback: Sika’s 100 Greatest Movies of All Time! 16. Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) « Lunki and Sika – Movie, TV, Celebrity and Entertainment News. And Other Silliness.·